Here you will find instructions for installing Scratch and Python, along with PiSoC drivers, for various operating systems. If you only want to use PSoC Creator, you just need to install our PiSoC Driver, and then follow the instructions on this page.
- Full Installer for Windows 7/8/10, 64 and 32 bit – This will install the PiSoC Drivers, full Scratch and Python distributions, along with our libraries and examples for both languages.
- You’ll have the option of skipping the install of Python (if you already have it) and Scratch (if you don’t want it).
- Several installers will popup during the installation process (for USB device drivers, Python, Adobe AIR, and Scratch), you’ll need to click through them.
- Windows Smartscreen might come up saying the installer isn’t commonly downloaded, so you might need to click through a warning screen. See the troubleshooting section below for help.
- Scratch might open up after installation. You’ll want to close it so you can reopen it with our shortcuts.
Linux, Raspberry Pi (Raspbian Linux), Mac OSX, and Windows
This will guide you through installing each feature individually.
- (Windows only step) First download our PiSoC driver. Right-click the link and then click “Save Link As” to save it to your computer. Once it is saved extract it, then right-click on pisoc_driver.inf, then click “Install”.
- You need a Python 2.7 distribution with Pip. Get it here if you don’t already have it (Mac OSX and Linux should already come with it). For Windows, make sure you check the add Python to path option during installation.
- Open the terminal or command prompt and type “pip install pisoc” that’s it 🙂
Scratch 2 Offline Editor
- You can get Scratch here.
- Install PiSoC with pip as shown above in the Python section.
- Download and unzip our PiSoC Scratch files.
- Next navigate to the future folder inside it using the terminal, and then type “python setup.py install”
- Finally, navigate to the blockext folder, and then type “python setup.py install“
Using your PiSoC
Feel free to post your problems in the comment section if you have any problems with installation that I don’t cover here.
The installer won’t download (Web Browser complains it might be dangerous)
- Click the arrow next to discard and then click “Keep”. This problem can only be resolved by having more people download the installer, so you can help us!
Windows Smartscreen prevents you from running the installer
Python dependencies fail to install (Windows Full Installer)
- The installer assumes you have installed python to the default path C:\Python27. If you want to install Python elsewhere, follow the manual installation steps.
Scratch Launcher doesn’t work (Windows)
- Make sure you check the add Python to path option during installation, and install Python to its default location. You can run the installer again to fix that. You can find more information about using the Scratch launcher and troubleshooting it on our Scratch documentation page.